Super Sweet Sammy just absorbs every single pet that she gets. Sammy's life prior to being fostered was not good. However, she has really come out of her shell. Sammy has begun to play with the other two resident dogs. She is always right at your feet to pet. Sammy has discovered that she likes her tummy rubbed. She is just a big love sponge!
- Breed: Siberian Husky
- Gender: Female
- Color: White
- Age: 3 years
- Weight: 52#
- Energy Level: medium
- Interaction with humans: Loves her foster grandma! Sammy has been taken on walks and has had good interaction with the people we meet. A 4 year old neighbor boy yells her name and runs toward her for hugs whenever he's outside when we go by. Sammy did great with a repair man that came into the home. Sammy hasn't met a person she didn't like. Sammy only wants to please and get tummy rubs.
- Interaction with other dogs: Sammy has had limited play with an 11 year old, submissive, male husky ("limited" due to his health issues). She and the resident alpha female (4 years) have finally bonded and are doing good living in the same house. Sammy has even curled up beside both dogs when sleeping (and these are dogs that don't like to snuggle with other dogs). They have just started to play with each other like huskies do. Both resident dogs taught Sammy all about dog toys this weekend!
- Interaction with cats: Not recommended
- Training Notes: Sammy is house and crate trained. Sammy learned how to sit with just one hot dog! Now, she even has the hand signal for sit down! When you say her name, that cute tail wags like nothing ever seen. Sammy, who is completely food motivated and always wanting to please, would thrive in a home that would take her to positive reinforcement obedience training.
- Location: Kansas City, MO