Hi! I'm Etta James! My lonely days are over now that I am in rescue! I am so happy to be making so many friends. I just love people, especially the small ones. My favorite things are walks, playing catch, and especially going shopping! I am a very good girl in stores! I like to inspect all the different treats and bones and toys in the pet stores but I don't ever grab anything. I learned that being good while shopping gets me lots of attention and really makes people smile!!
I am a very smart girl and walk very well on leash. I prefer a casual stroll, so that I can spend time with my people. I am learning my name and like to turn around and smile to show my appreciation. I really like to give kisses and make new friends wherever I go. My human buddies and I play alot, but I'm just starting to learn that other dogs can be fun playmates too. If you are patient with me, I am eager to learn!
Will you be my dream that I can call my own?
- Breed: Siberian Husky
- Gender: Female
- Age: 1-2 years old
- Weight: 50 lbs, thin & need to gain a few lbs
- Color: Black and White
- Energy Level: moderate
- Interaction with Humans: I love humans and am very gentle with children. My eyes really light up when I see new people to make friends with.
- Interaction with cats: unknown
- Interaction with other dogs: I don't quite know what to do with other dogs, but I am learning! I prefer to start off by going for a walk with my new friends, so I can feel comfortable with them. I really like when I am being brave and greet another dog nicely and hear lots of praise! It makes me want to find more furry friends to greet.
- Training: I am a good leash walker. I'm a little skittish as cars pass me on walks, so I feel safer having a harness on. When I get excited I sometimes start to pull, but I come back very quickly when you stop walking. I also don't mind that dogs bark at me when they see me walking, I just keep on going. I don't jump on people, I prefer to give kisses instead to show them how happy I am. I know sit, come and am eager to learn more!
- Current Location: Des Moines, IA