***** ADOPTED!! *****
Stray from Junction City, Kansas
Are you looking for a affectionate, steady, reliable companion? Maddie is a beautiful husky/malamute mix who is ready to give you love and be by your side. She is 3 - 4 years old so is past the puppy stage. This makes her a wonderful house dog. The affectionate, friendly nature of a malamute shows through in a mostly Siberian husky package. This means she has much lower energy than a typical husky but is not as large as a malamute.
Maddie is crate trained and needs a routine, which includes a good walk every day. She is ready to play, loves balls and will play fetch. She enjoys a good bone to relieve her desire to chew.
Please do your research about the breeds at www.shca.org for the Siberian Husky and www.alaskanmalamute.org for the Alaskan Mamute to learn if this breed is right for you. Meet Maddie who just might be the next love of your life
- Husky/Malamute mix
- Black and white
- 3 - 4 years old
- Weight: 65 lbs.
- Overweight - she has lost 5 lbs. in foster care and working on another 5 with diet and exercise.
- Maddie has fly bites on her ear tips, it appears that her fur is growing back slowly.
- Coat is good but needs brushed a lot
- Teeth have moderate tartar, but she's working to clean them with bones
- Even tempered
- Ignores other dogs
- Does not challenge dogs
- Maddie would prefer to be the only dog in a home.
- Probably good with children
- Probablt best in a home without cats
- Loves to play with balls
- Chews up toys but loves bones to chew.