Due to the unusually high demand, we are operating at maximum capacity and have a very long waiting list.
Please note: If we accept your request, it could still take up to 4-6 weeks or longer. We will prioritize requests based on the following criteria:
- Highest risk dogs – dogs that are in imminent danger of being killed in their current shelter location
- Geographic location – dogs that are located near of one of our foster home networks:
- Omaha / Lincoln metro
- Denver / Colorado Springs metro
- Des Moines metro
- Bentonville / Rogers / Fayetteville metro
- Memphis metro
- Select owner surrender dogs may be able to “foster” in their own homes. Owners must live in one of the above listed metro areas. We will ask for proof of the following: Heartworm tested with a negative result, up to date on current vaccines (Parvo / Distemper, Lepto, Rabies, Bordetella) and spayed or neutered. We will also appreciate a $75 re-homing donation. Click here to find great information on how to safely rehome your pet yourself.
Information for Shelters and Animal Control:
We consider the communities above, Taysia Blue Rescue Communities. To make the biggest impact on these communities, we will work with shelters and animal control to be the 'go to Husky and Malamute' resource. We may work with organizations outside of this area, with the understanding that we will prioritize our “community” shelters first.
Dogs we save from these shelters must live safely in a home with people and other dogs. We value honest and transparent communication from our shelter partners and in turn will work to establish a strong collaborative relationship with your organization. We receive multiple requests every day. Please provide as much detail below to help us help you.
Owner Surrender Information:
Due to the high number of requests, we get from area shelters, we are often not able to accept owner surrender dogs into rescue.
We want to help, but we find ourselves running at maximum capacity due to the high number of Siberian Huskies and Alaskan Malamutes in shelters who are running out of time. We have chosen to prioritize these dogs who are facing death.
We can help direct you to resources to help you work through the issues you are having in an effort to keep your beloved Husky or Malamute in its home. Click here to find resources to rehome your dog on your own.
If you are an owner or guardian, please complete the following information. The owner understands that by submitting this request and if the dog is accepted into Taysia Blue Rescue, the owner transfers the dog to Taysia Blue Rescue with all ownership and responsibility to the care of Taysia Blue Rescue. Taysia Blue Rescue accepts ownership and responsibility of the care of the dog at the time Taysia Blue Rescue takes possession of the dog.
Please note that some web based email addresses (hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com & outlook.com, yahoo.com, aol.com) are currently not receiving automated emails. Add our domain @taysiablue.com.com to your settings to improve receipt, or use an alternate email address. Our apologies for the inconvenience.